Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Mirror! Mirror!

Thanks to my trusty friend BBC Four, I managed to squeeze in a little culture into Monday night's telly viewing with Laura Cumming's Ego: The Strange and Wonderful World of Self-Portraits. I strongly recommend it, if you like that sort of thing! Good stuff! 

Something it brought to my attention is that I am so used to working from photographs, when it comes to a self-portrait I never think about using a mirror, which is very silly of me as I rarely get the chance to work from life! Sometimes, I really am not very bright! So, with not much on the agenda today, I parked myself on the sofa with a mirror and a pencil and set to work!


I look a little bit cross here, but I assure you that's just my concentration face! It makes me feel sorry for anyone I do draw from life! Yikes! Anyway, even though it may not look like it, I did enjoy drawing it :)

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! a beautiful portrait of a beautiful lady! How long did this take u? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, shucks! You'll make me blush! Haha! A couple of hours, I think - I can't be sure as I stopped for lunch, snacks and brews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayum! I know you have some awesome talent to sketch YOURSELF! I would have messed up a million times and plus I can't look at my own face for too long...weirds me out lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Thanks doll! Your comments always make me hoot! :D

    ReplyDelete

I really do love reading your comments, so if you fancy sharing your thoughts or just saying hello, don't be shy! Go ahead, make my day!